Monday, February 4, 2008

How do you Grade a Stadium?

Over the coming weeks, in preparation for my pilgrimage, I plan on rating the baseball stadiums that I have already attended in my lifetime. I have in mind a few ways in which I would like to measure the greatness of the stadiums that I'm going to attend. Here is the rubric that I've compiled so far...

  • The Look (Is it aesthetically pleasing?)

  • The Smell (Does it smell like a baseball game, or like something else?)

  • The Field (Well-kept? Or fake-looking?)

  • The Surroundings (What is the neighborhood like? Are the surrounding fans "family-friendly?")

  • The Side-Show Options (Any cool restaurants or attractions?)

  • The Hotdog Test (Is the Fenway Frank really the best?)

  • The Miscellaneous Amenities (Is there anything else that stands out?)

  • The Price (What is the bottom line? And is it worth it?)

Am I missing anything? How do YOU judge the greatness of a stadium?

1 comment:

Jordan said...

Can you judge the non-baseball entertainment. Such as the Milwaukee Hot Dog race and such. That stuff has to fit in somewhere.

Stadium staff personalities. For instance is the hot dog guy a freak who can flip franks behind his back.

Fan enthusiasm. Now this may depend on your record, but the cub fans are always drunk and singing Take me out to the ballgame.